The Organizing Committee for the 2016 Canadian Evaluation Society (CES) Conference (C2016), which will be held in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, is pleased to invite evaluation professionals, members of academia, students, and other potential presenters to submit a presentation proposal(s). The conference theme is Evaluation on the Edge. Details on the conference theme can be found here. Submissions should be related to one of the conference sub-themes.
You will be asked to include details pertaining to the presenters, type of presentation, length, as well as a brief summary of the activity or presentation topic. Be sure to complete all required information fields and checklists. Carefully review and edit your responses, prior to submitting your completed proposal. Incomplete proposals will not be reviewed. Please contact the Conference secretariat for additional information.
Overall acceptance rates vary in any given year and all proposals may not be accepted. In addition to completeness, each proposal will be assessed by an independent review committee against the following criteria:
- Relevance: the proposal should demonstrate alignment to the conference themes;
- Clarity and Quality: the proposal should clearly outline the topic that will be featured in the presentation as well as its main concepts/ideas. (please quality control your proposal for spelling and grammar);
- Innovation: the proposal introduces new ideas, methods, and/or approaches that promote new knowledge and have the potential to contribute to the field;
- Focus: the proposal contributes to knowledge on broader issues of evaluation methods, theories, policies and practices that have value to a wide community in contrast to presenting findings of a specific evaluation;
- Presenter(s): Experience, subject matter expertise, background and geographic location of presenter(s) that contribute to the diversity of presentations; and
- Learning support: Includes interactive and/or other methods to support learning where applicable.
Please note that a data projector, PC laptop, screen and flip charts will be provided. All other equipment must be ordered in advance and paid for by presenters.
Presenters selected will be notified via e-mail by mid March, 2016 and are expected to register for the conference no later than April 15, 2016. Refunds will be provided for requests received in writing postmarked no later than April 23, 2016, less an administration fee of CDN$50.00. After that date, we regret no refunds will be issued; however, we will accept substitute delegates.
Deadline to Submit Presentation Proposals
The deadline to submit presentation proposals is January 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
There is no compensation or travel expenses covered for presenters. Considering the benefits of attending the conference, presenters do not receive reduced or waived conference registration fees.
The Conference Workshops Committee will be available to provide guidance and answer questions. We will also inform presenters of the deadline to provide presentation materials.
Any questions regarding the proposal submission process should be forwarded to Conference committee at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and we are looking forward to welcoming you next June in St. John’s!